HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

My ritetemp thermostat is blinking "HEAT 2", the furnace is

Customer Question

My ritetemp thermostat is blinking "HEAT 2", the furnace is coming on and going off but the temp in the house is not going up to the set temp.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I don't know what more I can tell you. The thermostat is set to 70 but the temperature is staying in the mid 60's. I notice the screen on the thermostat is blinking "HEAT 2". Don't ever remember seeing this blinking on the thermostat before.
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

HEAT 2 will blink when 2nd stage is running. This means the thermostat thinks it is controlling a heat pump And HEAT 2 is the AUX heat source. SO if nothing is heating you need to get to the furnace and get to the board to check the board for any flashing error codes, there is a list of them on the panel when you remove it to get to the board. See what you find and let me know.