HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have a 58ssc075 sc model heating system. It is constantly

Customer Question

I have a 58ssc075 sc model heating system. It is constantly having to be reset. It will run and get the room to temperature shut off like normal sometimes, but won't come back on unless I push a button. Other times the blower motor stays on but the heat won't work until I push the reset button.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Ok it sounds like the unit is overheating, have you checked and changed the filter on the unit to make sure it is clean and not restricting airflow? This is the main cause of that issue. Make sure you are not using a HEPA filter as they restrict too much air and often cause that issue as well. Let me know what you find.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks