Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

Its ***** ***** I have a lennox g51mp
, sure, the heat

Customer Question

hi, its ***** ***** I have a lennox g51mp
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: sure, the heat wont turn on I thought it was my nest thermostat but I reset that and when I put it in test mode I realized that the furnace was turning on for like 3 seconds then shutting off
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If the burners ignite then go out within seconds then you probably have a flame rectification (sensing) issue. You can try cleaning the flame sensor rod (see attached pic for typical) with steel wool or an aggressive Scotch Brite pad (fine aluminum oxide sandpaper as a last resort). The flame sensor is positioned in the burner flame. It's held in place by a single screw. Remove it and clean off the metal rod.