Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My Alpine Burnham gh Efficiency Boiler eventually reads

Customer Question

My Alpine Burnham High Efficiency Boiler eventually reads Status: Standby and won't respond for calls to reignite for more heat. The only thing that works is to shut boiler down for 30 minutes then restart. It works for awhile then goes back into "standby" mode. Sometimes is stays on for a couple of days other times like today, we've had to shut it off 3-4 times...
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

This could be a thermostat problem or possibly a bad connection on the thermostat circuit. The next time this happens try jumping the terminals where the thermostat connects to the boiler