Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

We have a Heil rpj ll the burners light 15 seconds then shut

Customer Question

We have a Heil rpj ll the burners light for about 15 seconds then shut off. Fab blows for about five minutes after that then it all shuts off for one minute and starts again. House is ten degrees below thermostat setting and super cold.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 9 months ago.

Turn fan to on position and see if the furnace will run. May have problems with limit. Make sure filters are clean. Let me know. Check the flashing LED on furnace board in blower compartment. Should be able to see the light thru the small hole in blower compartment. Russ

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
New filter yesterday. Turned the fan to On it burned for about two minutes and shut off, but the fan is still running. There is no LED

Let me check the manual be right back. Russ

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK

Sounds like limit switch. Can you take picture of the furnace board and attach please. Russ

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The best I can get

On fan board you will see terminals heat and cool what color wire goes to Heat. Russ

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My diagram says those should be near my blower motor, the previous owners had a new motor installed in 2011, i believe that's it in the picture. There are two blue wires. Nothing labeled heat and cool on that board though
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Picture

Can you see a model number on board. Sounds like bad limit just trying to get you heat right now. Russ

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I looked again, can not see all the labels but if it goes cont cool heat in that order then the heat is a blue wire. Model gne075f16a1
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
heat is blue

Move cool wire to heat and heat wire to cool and retry furnace and let me know how long it runs. There are two limit switches on furnaces. Lets try this for now to get you heat. Russ

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK, sorry, the cool was stuck. They are switched. Can I power it on?

Yes turn power on and try furnace. Turn fan to on position first. Russ

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How long am I looking for it to stay lit being that we've lost about 15 degrees in temperature from what the thermostat is set at? It burned about two minutes then lit again about 30 seconds later

Ther is a limit switch just above gas valve with two wires attached . Do you switch. It will just be a square flat card with two terminals. Russ

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Two more wires? Different from the ones I just switched?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I also see this near the blower

Those are rollout switches. If you see the two wires going to limit being valve. Remove the wires and place a small wire or paperclip between them. Retry furnace let me know if it tuns more than two minutes. If it runs longer than two minutes you have a bad limit. Let me know. Ok. Do not leave jumper on wires till you get back with me .. Russ

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Now I'm lost, sorry

You sent picture of gas valve. Look behind it and you will see two red wires connected to two terminals. This is a limit switch. Take the two wires loose and connect them together, Try furnace and let me know if it runs more than two minutes. If you want you can request phone call and I can walk you thru it. Russ

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

You should have phone request reply. Russ

Did you get replay. Russ

Reply