HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I am moving from a Honeywell RTH2410 thermostat to a

Customer Question

Hello, I am moving from a Honeywell RTH2410 thermostat to a Honeywell RTH6350. The old thermostat had wire terminals O/B Y R G W/AUX. When I look at the new thermostat, some of the terminals are shared and I don't know which one to put the W/AUX in now. Here are the new terminals:
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sorry, here are the new terminals: Y2 L (shared), W2 AUX/E (shared), G, W O/B (shared), Y, R, RC. Do I put the old W/AUX line in the new AUX/E spot or in the shared W O/B slot?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

When you say shared what do you mean?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I got it fixed, thanks

ok no problem thanks for the update