Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I am having a problem with my central heating i think the

Customer Question

Hi I am having a problem with my central heating i think the problem lays with the wireless room stat witch is the HCW 80 room unit combined with a HC60NG relay.I have tried the system check and the re assignment of the relay suggested in the installation manual, the only result was a continuous flashing red led on the relay, i have now turned the whole system of and will try again in an hour or so. I need to find out if the problem is the wireless stat or the problem or the programmer,i have tried setting the programmer on constant thinking this should over ride the stat but it wont, and when the system is left to run as it should it comes on in the morning but not the evening
Thanks
Cornelius.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 9 months ago.

Hello, we need to work backwards from the furnace or air handler that the wireless relay attaches to.

I need the brand and model number of the furnace or air handler.

Please attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the blower service panel, the picture needs to be taken from straight on, in very good light.

You can use the paper clip- icon at the right end of the tool bar at the top of this dialog box to attach it here.,

Include a picture of the thermostat wire connections to the printed circuit board in the same area.

If you have an error code showing, tell me what the code readout is on the wiring diagram or a sticker next to the diagram please.

If there is no paper clip-icon, look for the '+attach files' link at left of your send button.

I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions.

We can go from there.