Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Ariston E-combi 24/30/38 (not sure which one) it

Customer Question

Hi I have a Ariston E-combi 24/30/38 (not sure which one) it has power to it as the green light is letting me know that it's turned on. The pressure is showing 2.3 bar and it isn't even trying to fire up at all. No matter if I move the knows or not
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I put the hot tap on and it tries to fire up 3 times and doesn't do anything at all. Just doesn't fire up and then shuts itself off
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

What does it do when it tries to light exactly?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It doesn't eveneed try to light at the moment. It only tries to light if I run the hot water. It tries to light 3 times then doesn't do anything

OK does it spark when trying to light?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can't see a spark but then I don't know where to look. It definitely sounds like it's trying to fire up
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I just have got the hot water going. The boiler is lit but it has not sorted the heating. The heating just isn't responding and the radiators don't warm up or anything even though I have the knob turned to full heat

Has it been running for a little bit?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Yeah but as soon as I turn the water off on the tap the boiler turns itself off

Is the thermostat working for the boiler?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No, not that I can see. It's just not responding at all. Usually I will turn it on and the turn the temperature knob to where I want it and it fires up. It's not firing up at all or responding to the knows being changed. The power light is on. It seems to respond to the hot water being turned on but that is a maximum of about 2 minutes then the flame goes out and the red light comes on

Can you get to the thermostat connection on the board in the unit.