Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Furnane goes on few minutes then cuts off then later it ran

Customer Question

Furnane goes on for a few minutes then cuts off then later it ran regularly for hours.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.

Can I get full model number of furnace? That model is the model of your coil. Do you get an error flash code when it shuts down?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lennox
Model: C33 36B 2F 2
NOT SURE WHAT ELSE YOUR LOOKING FOR.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

C33 is the model of your coil, NOT your furnace. Also, most modern furnaces have an error flash code when there's a problem. This can be seen in the lower door, small window.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 blinking green lights.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

OK, that won't help me without the furnace model number, unfortunately