Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Mt Rheem oil furnace starts the burner fine, after about 40

Customer Question

Mt Rheem oil furnace starts the burner fine, after about 40 seconds the blower starts, when thermostat temp is reached the burner shuts off normally, then the fan runs another 21/2 minutes or so and shuts off normally. All this appears normal and happens most of the time, however, intermittently, after the burner shuts off, the fan will run 15-20 seconds and the furnace red reset button will pop and the fan will run continuously blowing cold air into the house. When I press the reset button the burner will reignite and heat again flows. I replaced the fan motor control board to no avail. Any Ideas?
Steve
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

What is the model number of your furnace? what reset button? the one on the burner ignition control?