HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

My thermostatTx500Uc P521U is flashing (heat; Fan is at a

Customer Question

My thermostatTx500Uc P521U is flashing (heat; Fan is at a low percentage) and provides the message 6AEE, with Lo (lower left corner). The heating itself does not seem to be impacted. What does this mean? Should I call a heating repair person, or do I need a new thermostat (it is only 14 months old)?
Thank you in advance for your help,
Christa Winter
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

That means the battery is low on the unit, replace the batteries in the thermostat and you will be good to go.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks