Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I am ***** *****. Are you available right now? Cold room,

Customer Question

Hi I am ***** *****. Are you available right now?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Cold room, second hand installation someone else did. seems to be R404 setup, compressor is 404, room was not running and a check with gauges, seems as the ppl who installed filled with R22. after running for about 20 min, air temp out of evap about 13 deg cel. compressor freezing up. sight glass show liquid line filling up and bubbles going away so there is enough gas. would R22 in a R404 system cause the lack of efficiency and cause compressor to freez?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 9 months ago.

Hello, industrial refrigeration is one of my specialty areas, however I have to be out of the office on a job for a few hours shortly.. if you want to wait a bit I will look into this for you... otherwise you can opt me out and one of our other experts will pick your question up.

Expert:  Phil replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I am back.

Tell me please about how large the room is, length, width and height. Some photo's of evaporator coil(s) and condensing unit will be helpful, you can attach them here using the paper clip icon at right end of the dialog box too bar.