Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

2 month old rheem performance patinum not working. Blue

Customer Question

2 month old rheem performance patinum not working. Blue light blinks 7 times nothing on line talks about 7 times. only up to 6. Any ideas?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 9 months ago.

These electronics are made in China, and from generic stock, modified by programmable chips, so that each AC manufacturer can program them to suit their own equipment. It is common that unlisted error codes or bogus error codes show up when there is no actual error.

That is most likely the case here, but I will have to investigate especially since the AC is not working. First step will be for you to tell me what the Rheem dealer had to say about it. I need that in detail.

And I need any details on when the AC fails, if indeed it does run some of the time... and I need the full model numbers of the inside and outside units, those are on tags that also list the serial numbers (I do not need the serial numbers however, just the model numbers.)

We can go from there without any time limits, although I will be in and out quite a bit today... then here until 10 PM west coast USA time and throughout the weekend.