Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I'm ***** *****. I just replaced a bad thermocoupler on a

Customer Question

Hello, I'm ***** *****. I just replaced a bad thermocoupler on a nordyne gas furnace. I turned it on and I think the combustion motor might be bad because all I here is the humming before the burners come on, but the burners and the blower never come on by themselves.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm running off of propane. Its an induced draft furnace. What would help to know?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
NORDYNE 703493B
MODEL:MGHB90PQ
SERIAL:MGH971202786
SEALED COMBUSTION FURNACE
NOT HEATING, (pilot light is on, thermostat has good batteries,propane tank is full, what I believe is the combustion motor just right of the gas valve & pilot switch is very hot) please help.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
MODEL HOME PAPER WORK SAYS "FOR HEATING : Intertherm MGHB090ABPQ-09".
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
CORRECTION MOBEL HOME PAPER WORK*
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 9 months ago.

If combustion motor is very hot it is stuck or bad. Turn off power and remove the blower assembly and see if the small blower wheel is clogged with rust. If so just clean off rust and replace. Retry furnace it should run OK. Russ