Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Goodman HVAC and just received a replacement motor.

Customer Question

I have a Goodman HVAC and just received a replacement motor. I want to be sure how to connect the 4 or 5 wires attached to the motor
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The blower wheel was old and loose and the motor was a replacement that was attached with a "belly band" unlike the original motor which has the motor attaching bracket as a part of the motor. I bought a replacement blower wheel and motor. There are 2 brown, a black , a red, a ground, and a purple wire. I wired them as they were originally and there were sparks occurring in the motor after it ran for about 60-90 seconds.
JA: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two. I'll let you know when it is your turn.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 10 months ago.

Can you give me model on unit?

Model on furnace and model on motor

The website does offer phone call service for an additional fee of 18.00.If you select the additional service offer, you may get a different technician.Accepting the offer automatically charges you for the question as well as the additional 18.00 phone call fee. We can work here until finished at no additional fee.If you do want a phone call and don't mind the extra fees let me know ,otherwise we will continue here

If you can look in burner compartment if this is a gas furnace or on outside panel if electric and give me model.this should be pretty simple.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have sent the model number of the Goodman unit and the part number for the motor. Did you get it? It is late here so I am calling it a night. If you didn't get the information I sent, I will have to send it again tomorrow.

Have not received a rely from you since you asked the question.If tomorrow is better for you I should be here most of the day.

Are you still with me?