Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I have been an HVAC/R mechanic/technician for 30+ years.
67988511

I have a RHLLHM3617JA and the fan is not running
, It

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It stopped running - switching to auto does nothing - I have the front panel off with the door key in still nothing - then it worked. I put the panel back on and it did not work - I took the panel off and it still does not work.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 10 months ago.

Hi Adrian, I'm Brian and I'm here to help!

The Rheem RHLL air handler has a GE X13 constant torque variable speed blower motor. The panel being on or off should not make a difference as these units did not come with a blower panel interlock switch. That motor requires power at all times on N and H on the motor terminals. The air handler control board sends a 24 volt ac signal to the control terminals of the motor on X13 com which will be 24 volt ac common, X13G which will send 24 volts hot to the motor speed tap 1 thru 5 (whichever it's connected to) which will be energized when the thermostat sends a 24 volt signal to G on the unit control board thermostat terminal strip and X13SPD which will send 24 volts hot to the motor speed tap 1 thru 5 (whichever it's connected to) which will be energized when the thermostat calls for heating or cooling and sends a 24 volt signal to the unit thermostat terminal strip on Y1, W1 or W2.

Since your motor seems to run and stop intermittently, it can be a loose wiring connection or possibly a problem with the motor itself. It would require a meter and probing points while the motor should be running but isn't. If you have volt meter and are comfortable testing live circuits, I can help with that, just let me know.

Let me know if you have further questions on this subject. Otherwise, please remember to rate before leaving (3 stars or higher please!). Bonuses are always appreciated! Thanks for allowing me to help and thanks for using Just Answer!

Thank you,
Brian