Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I see a small symbol beside "HEAT" on my thermostat
,

Customer Question

Hi...I see a small symbol beside "HEAT" on my thermostat
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: also..heat hasn't been working from the morning today was wondering if this is due to no oil? or is it any other reason?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

It's unlikely your thermostat will tell you why you have no heat. Have you tried pushing the reset button on the oil burner? What makes you think you might be out of oil? have you checked the gauge on the tank?