airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

Billy, I have a Goodman Vertical Furnace, Model GMP 050-3.

Customer Question

Hi Billy,
My name is***** have a Goodman Vertical Furnace, Model GMP 050-3. Serial Number(###) ###-#### ***** installed new igniter and flame sensor. Have power and gas coming to unit. Pressure switch comes on and igniter glows for about 10 seconds and then goes off. No gas is getting to the burners! Help! Unit was working great last season, although it would go through 6 or 8 cycles before lighting off.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 10 months ago.

Do you have a volt meter to see if we are getting voltage to the gas valve when igniter lights?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
there is voltage to the Gas Valve.

OK. Have you removed and cleaned burners to see if maybe they are stopped up as well as orifices in manifold? If not I would start there

http://i.imgur.com/ZTXd6DA.png

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No, I have not done that. I will go over there today and do that. I will get back to you tomorrow.

Sounds good. If burners or orifices are not stopped up. and we have gas to furnace and voltage to valve, will need a new valve.Look forward to hearing back.