BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I ran out of fuel Toyotomi OM 180 last night and have been

Customer Question

I ran out of fuel for my Toyotomi OM 180 last night and have been trying to get it running again. After putting fuel in the tank I began the process of bleeding the air out of the system (I have done this several times in the past). No luck in getting it started. Checked to see if the photo eye was dirty. It was not. I have tried many times to restart the unit and this is what happens: unit turns on, blower motor starts, burner starts and begins to heat the water(combustion is happening), the unit runs for about 15 seconds and then the amber warning light comes on and the unit shuts down. There is no variation in the burn time before shut down. I unplugged the photo eye and ran the boiler again with exactly the same results. I suspect the photo eye is defective, but how do I verify this without throwing parts at the problem?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying. Once again use reply..not "rate".