BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

, I have a Ruud 80 achiever with a zonex digitech

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a Ruud 80 achiever with a zonex digitech running two baffles the fan will not come on I am thinking it might be in the zonex wee have two therms one up one down I am showing 26 vac at the board for one therm and nothing for the other or the output term board to the ruud unit. no flashing diagnostic codes on the ruud . the zonex though will start flashing the power led that is supposed to mean high temp cutout? Where does it get a high temp input?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 10 months ago.

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying. Once again use reply..not "rate".

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Zonex board getting 27vac from transformer i am not seeing 24 v from w to c on ifc of ruud. Im thinking of wiring thermostat directly to ruud bypassing the zonex

The zone gets 2 different power sources...24v for panel and thermostats and a separate 24v from furnace for operation.

At the furnace if you jump R terminal to W does unit react?