Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Installed ecobee3 thermostats. I have a single stage heat

Customer Question

Installed ecobee3 thermostats. I have a single stage heat pump (trane). Appears that the heat runs for about 20/30 min, then stops. The aux heat kicks in but the fan doesn't run.. Net effect - cold house and a message telling me my aux heat has been running for a long time. Thoughts?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 10 months ago.

Will need model number on Trane furnace. Problems that may cause this is if your thermostat is connected to outdoor sensor with heat pump lockout at a certain outside temp. Since it runs for thirty minutes it may not be a problem. Check the indoor coil to see if it is dirty,check filters to see if dirty. Feel large line outside to see if the line is hot when unit is running. Check these and get back to me. Russ