airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

My gas furnace is not responding to the thermostat. The

Customer Question

My gas furnace is not responding to the thermostat. The thermostat is calling for heat but there is no response. If I turn off the furnace at the switch and turn it back on, I can hear it start up but the fan doesn't come on.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What do you need? It's a honeywell thermostat, set at 70. It is now 64 degrees in the house.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 11 months ago.

Does furnace work up to blower coming on? (Inducer motor igniter, burners)?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It seems to be OK but the blower doesn't come on. i just now turned it off, waited a few seconds, and turned it back on and it is now working. Blower is on. But this has ;happened a few other times this week, so I am not sure it will continue to come on by itself.

OK if it does this again if you have fan auot/on option, try turning to ON and see if blower will come on.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK, you mean switch to constant fan instead of auto?

Yes. The fan ON signals the blower from a different relay than the heat does.That will point us to whether issue is with motor or the relay that signals it in heat mode.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK. If it takes a few days to act up again, do i have to pay another fee?

No just lave question open and come back to MY Questions .

If several days, the question could time out.At anytime you want to leave rating, that will lock the question for 30 days and I am happy to continue working with you until we figure this out.