Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician
Experience:  hvac technichian at performance plumbing and heating
89712187

My name is ***** *****. I just changed the batteries on my

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I just changed the batteries on my Honeywell 8320U thermostat. Now I can't get the heat to come on. Checked the breaker switches on the furnace and at the main breaker box for the heat pump. Display says "heat on" but the furnace never comes on. Then the display changes to "Aux Heat On" but still nothing comes on.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just changed the batteries on my Honeywell 8320U thermostat. Now I can't get the heat to come on. Checked the breaker switches on the furnace and at the main breaker box for the heat pump. Display says "heat on" but the furnace never comes on. Then the display changes to "Aux Heat On" but still nothing comes on.Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/hvac/3gzk5-troubleshoot-honeywell-thermostat-says-wait.html#ixzz3yf9xoXfp
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Daniel Plourde replied 10 months ago.
Hi i am dan. I can help you with this. Was it working before you replaced the batteries?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
but there was an issue the week prior where the breaker for the heat pump was tripped. Unsure why. Anyway, later Friday, a buddy and me looked at the furnace. We pulled the panel off and found a blown fuse. We replaced the fuse and turned the 2 breakers on the furnace itself back on and fuse imediately blew again. We recreated the same issue with a second fuse. It seems to blow when the top most breaker of the 2 breakers is turned on. Wondering if the breaker is bad. I called a tech to come out and they're supposed to be here this morning.

Ok if the fuse is blowing it most likely has a short in the thermostat wiring