Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have tried this three times with no results. Order

Customer Question

I have tried this three times with no results. Order No.15985668-877. I canceled payment yesterday because all I got was a text. I got a call about 6 hours later after I canceled. I contacted you today and gave the credit card info. again. I would like a answer by cell phone # *******-**** or email [email protected] If you can not do it tell me.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. If you are not satisfied, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me why before leaving a negative rating and allow me to continue to work with you until we are able to both agree on an outcome to follow. Thanks for your business!

The moderator for JA asked me to help. Can you restate the question, please?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
my lennox G20 furnace will not come at times. The temp. on the thermostat will be below what it is set for and the heat on will show but nothing happens. If turn the heat off then back on it starts right up and will run through cycles like it should for a day or sometimes half a day then it starts doing the no start bit again. I turn the heat off and back on and it starts up again. The thermostat and ignition control board have been replaced. Please reply by email not text.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 10 months ago.

Let's try cleaning the flame sensor if you have not tried that. The flame sesnor is right next to the pilot and is a short steel rod with a ceramic base. It can be removed and the metal rod portion shined up with some steel wool or emery cloth.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Information for order # ***** did not help. I already cleaned the flame sensor it was the ignition control board.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The info did not help at all
Expert:  Tim H. replied 10 months ago.

This was just step one. I always try simpler stuff first. We would have eventually gotten around to ignition control if that was the problem. I was waiting for you to post back with results.