Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Okay I've got a two ton heat pump about 15 years old can't

Customer Question

Okay I've got a two ton heat pump about 15 years old can't afford to replace it. I've just recently replaced the board, thermostat wire, the transformer, and the sensor in the back where the coils are. My fan still stays on even when the thermostat is set to off auto or when the green wire is unhooked. Had an incident with a weed eater and when the person hit it didn't let me know and fried almost everything. With my board being new, should I be having trouble of of a relay? I've already replaced the fan control sensor so I know it good.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 10 months ago.

Let me see if I have a manual on the unit.Is air just room temp or slightly warm?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's warmer than set on the thermostat. The heat works great, the fan just will not cut off unless you manually kill the breaker. The only thing I could think of would be a fan relay but it was replaced with the board, and the sensor (that opens and closes based on the heating elements whether the desired heat is is reached) has been replaced as well. I used to do heating and air before I joined the military but this has be completely baffled.

Looking for a manual. I am wondering if perhaps a stuck sequencer.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Okay, let me know what you come up with because I've tried almost everything I've been able to come up with.

Can you verify model is typed correctly NFCP3600C2

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That's it.

OK, Got it. Now if there is a heat kit, Can you give me that model,Something like AMFK1oCF or similar?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm not with it right now just have pics of the sticker with the model # ***** what it can have in it etc. I do not have the actual kit number in the system. Let me get home and I'll be able to give it to you.

OK sounds good. Usually blower is energized through thermostat on Cool and Fan on mode, but through sequencer in heat mode.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Okay, thank you. The kit # ***** ***** Could you give me a part # ***** I could look it up and order it?

Can you take a look in air handler and see if the wires from one of these relays also goes to fan?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Okay, I'll order it and get it overnight and get with you when it comes in.

Sounds good,Hopefully will solve problem