Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

TO HOOK UP A HUNTER 44550 THERMOSTAT TO MY NORDYNE

Customer Question

i AM TRYING TO HOOK UP A HUNTER 44550 THERMOSTAT TO MY NORDYNE GR4GD-042K096X. THE WIRING IS (WHITE TO W)//(BLUE TO RH)//(ORANGE TO RC)//(GREEN TO (G) // (YELLOW TO Y/Y1)//(RED TO O/B)
(RED TO O/B). THIS WAS THE ARRANGEMENT ON OLD THERMOSTAT. AND THIS IS HOW i HAVE THE HUNTER THERMOSTAT SET UP AT THIS MOMENT
MY PROBLEM IS THE HEAT WILL NOT SHUT OFF ONCE IT GETS TO DESIRED TEMP.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.

The red to O/B does not sound right. Typically red would go to Rc-RH.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Go to your furnace and tell me what color wires are on which terminals at the furnace.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
red was on red R or RH and blue was on C or RC// Orange wasn't hooked up. I changed the wiring on the thermostat. Now just waiting for the house to warm up. Hopefully it cuts off after it reaches 68 degrees. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the advice, I should have known.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

OK, thanks.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have additional questions on this. Otherwise, thank you for using Just Answer

and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (Thanks in advance for

any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back

with any additional questions.