airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I am trying to replace a carrier infinity thermostat with

Customer Question

I am trying to replace a carrier infinity thermostat with another carrier thermostat Performance Edge TP-PAC01 my old stat has ABCD connections what terminals do I connect to on the new one?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 10 months ago.

The infinity is what is considered a communicating thermostat.2 terminals are used to supply voltage to thermostat and the other two are used as a data link for thermostat,indoor and outdoor to communicate.

The TP-PAC01 is a standard non communicating thermostat which simply operates through the terminals Y,G,W,O C etc to tell equipment what to do and is not designed for use with the Infinity system

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
According to Carrier supplier the DIP switches can be adjusted to allow this unit to function do you want to re-think this

Not a problem, If the equipment says it can use a conventional thermostat(Some can and some cannot), and you want to give up the capabilities of the communicating sytem I will be happy to guide.

First of all go to the air handler and the outdoor unit and we will remove the interface module or adapter convert this to conventional.

Also give me model on outdoor so I can guide accurately.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's covered with snow it will take awhile. But I'll get it

Just spoke with Carrier rep and he informed me the thermostat can be used as communicating if you have correct interface module.Do you know model on your interface module at furnace?

Did new interface come with thermostat?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Where is the interface module?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is this it

Interface module mounts on side of furnace