Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a carrier furnace, and went down to turn it down

Customer Question

Customer: Hello! I have a carrier furnace, and went down to turn it down (house was perfectly toasty, but it wouldnt let me change the temp ) and it is saying limit fault I think I saw it said 10?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: let me go down and look at it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

What is the model number of your furnace? It's unlikely you have a limit fault if the furnace is working OK.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IT ended up not being okay. The furnace started making a horrific sound, and I looked up the codes myself online, as I was worried about waiting until I received a response. Thank you.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Do you still need help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ended up needing to call an emergency local company. Thank you. Is there a way to reverse the charge on my card, as we didn't complete the trouble-shooting, as it is beyond online help??? Thanks! =)
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

I'll let customer service know you want a refund

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much! Please know it is not a reflection on you, just a matter of what I thought was a minor code issue, turned into an emergency (I was buried under 30" of snow this week!)
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

No problem, thanks for giving us a try. Keep us in mind if you need expert help in the future. I notified customer service of your refund request. If you don't see it in a few days the you can contact them directly at

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us