heatncoolrepair
heatncoolrepair, HVAC Technician
Experience:  13 Years of Residential Furnace & A/C Repair Experience.
72013574

My honeywell hz311 panel does not light up after i shut

Customer Question

Customer: hi, my honeywell hz311 panel does not light up after i shut after the entire system to replace the filter
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes, i used the emergency shut-off switch in order to ensure it didn't turn on when i replaced the air filter then when i turned the switch back on, the furnace lights up but not the honeywell system
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  heatncoolrepair replied 10 months ago.

Hi there, I see you requested me. I have not been on this site for a while, so please bear with me. Everything is different from when I used to use it. Question #1- did you bump any wires or shut off any switches when you replaced the air filter? I would make sure to inspect that no wires have been bumped or have become disconnected. If everything looks good, then reset the power to the Zone Panel.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i do not recall bumping any wires and i reset the circuit breaker to the furnace. The furnace is getting power but the zoning system is not

Ok, sounds like a wire got bumped. Can you pull the cover off the zone panel and make sure there are no loose wires their either. Also, make sure the wires from the zone panel to wherever power is connected to goes are also connected. If all still looks good and no wires are loose, then we need to make sure you have 24 volts going to the zone panel board. So if you are familiar with a multimeter, make sure there is 24 volts going to to the R & C terminals on the zone panel by placing one lead on the "R" terminal and the other on the "C" terminal.

Hi there, I have not heard back from you for a while, and I have to leave, but in a nutshell if you have 24 volts to "R" & "C" at the zone panel and it still is not lighting up, then you need to replace the zone panel. If you don't have 24 volts going to "R" & "C" at the zone panel, then the source of power to the zone panel, which could be a transformer or else the furnace circuit board needs to be replaced, whichever one is providing the power to the zone panel. Hope this solves your problem. It shouldn't be any more complicated than this. If you are satisfied with my service, please don't forget to rate me. Thank you!