airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I have a Ninety Percent Goodman gas furnace that is 15 yrs

Customer Question

I have a Ninety Percent Goodman gas furnace that is 15 yrs old. It's giving me a fault code of one blink. The ignitor comes on and glows and the gas ignites and runs for two seconds and cuts off. It does this three times and locks out. I replaced the flame sensor and gas valve. I also replaced the limit switch diaphragm that goes from the inducer to the ignitor.
Why does the flame keep cutting off? The flame cuts off before the blower comes on. The thermostat is set on 70 and it is 50 degrees in the house. I changed the battery in the thermostat. I also changed the air filter. The heater was working fine last year but I can't get it to come on this season.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

If burners are lighting and going right back out and you have already replaced flame sensor and valve,you most likely have a gas pressure issue or a bad board. First step is to get a manometer or gas pressure gauge and check gas pressure into valve.