HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

An open ended pipe which is connected to a pipe connected to

Customer Question

Hi! An open ended pipe which is connected to a pipe connected to the expansion tank, which I'm not sure if it's for the water heater or oil furnace, is dripping water. Recently, the waterline had been replaced for the icemaker on fridge & the water main broke on the street the other night. There was a lot of sediment in the water when it was finally restored. The line for the icemaker appears to be connected to the pipe that the open ended pipe is also connected, ?????
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Do you have pictures of this as this would be hard to say without seeing all of your plumbing on site. It sounds like it is part of the water heater or if you have a boiler system that would be part of that more than likely.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I can take pictures, but not sure how to send them to you.

Just upload then here with the paperclip attachment.