Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My name is ***** ***** and I have a Ruud heat pump that will

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** and I have a Ruud heat pump that will not come on. The status indicator blinks once. The blink codes suggests. 1 Blink – Ignition failure – 1 HR lockout. What do I do?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My heat stopped working and I realized that the fan on the heat pump could have been impaired (since we're in the middle of a blizzard in Maryland). So I went outside and removed the cover of the heat pump and removed all of the snow from inside (it was packed in and prevented the fan from turning). Then, I turned the heat on inside and it did not come on. So I took the cover off the furnace inside the house and pushed in a button and the heat came on, but it turned back off when I let the button go. So I taped the button (temporarily) but the heat still went out. I noticed the status button was not steady green so I check the troubleshooting steps on the illustration on the cover and it suggested that I may be having an ignition failure.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Please give me model on both indoor and outdoor units.