airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

How do i know if my Heil heat pump is a 24v 1stage

Customer Question

How do i know if my Heil heat pump is a 24v 1stage heat/1stage cool system or if it is a multi-stage heat pump?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Give me model on your indoor and outdoor units I can tell you this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mod No. CH3024VKB2
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Sorry took a bit to research.Your compressor is a single stage compressor and it is a heat pump.

So you need a 2 stage heat/1 stage Cool heat pump thermostat.

Now if you have the thermostat and are needing to know which function to set you will choose multi stage heat pump.

This is because 1st stage will be the actual heat pump and the electric backup strips in air handler will be second stage. Let me know if this all makes sense or if you have further questions.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings now. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.