Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My Rheem 90 classic is not blowing heat. I see a blinking

Customer Question

Customer: My Rheem 90 classic is not blowing heat. I see a green blinking light for the ok,solid green for power and no ***** ***** light on
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It uses gas for the heat the gas knob is turned to the on position
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure why the gas burner is not starting and the blower is not kicking on.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

I need the model number of your furnace. You can find it on the rating tag inside the blower compartment

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was able to get it to work, but the gas will not stay lit. It is a Rheem Classic 90
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I take off the panel and manually light it, but just a few seconds after I close the panel the gas goes out
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

That's the series not the model number. I need the model number on the rating tag.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did go outside and remove the 2 foot of snow that had drifted around the gas pipe that goes into the house
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Snow around the gas pipe makes no difference. Snow around the exhaust does. I can't help you until you give me the actual model number