Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Carrier 58STA090 and i am getting #14 error code. I

Customer Question

Customer: I have a Carrier 58STA090 and i am getting #14 error code. I think there is another unit in the house having the same problem. Is this something I can repair myself or do I need to contact HVAC repair? Thank you
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not much except the unit does not seem to be turning on at all. The thermostat is set for 72 and is only at 67 in the room. We did have a small winter storm last night. I feel as though this could have something to do with the gas flame.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Try this, turn off the power to the unit, wait a minute or so then turn it back on. Tell me what happens. Does the small draft fan on the front run? does the igniter glow? do the burners fire up then go out?