Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Trying to figure out what a yellow purge light on my HZ311

Customer Question

Customer: trying to figure out what a yellow purge light on my HZ311 means im having trouble with wifi therms resetting
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: basically i have 3 zones, ecobee3 wifi therms installed by a pro.....per ecobee support the issue of the thermostats losing power / rebooting MAY be due to heat high limit on furnace or filters (not a filter issue). I have noticed my yellow purge light flashing and a clicking type noise around the time of this issue and trying to determine if it is related or if the purge light itself is indicative of an issue with the furnace or zone controller, wiring, etc
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Brian and I'm here to help!

If you take one of the Ecobee thermostats off its base or disconnect the R wire on any one of the thermostat feeds from the HZ, any one of them, do the same symptoms remain?

Thanks,

Brian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rh?