BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

Why does my furnace keep burning out its ignitors about

Customer Question

Why does my furnace keep burning out its ignitors about every 30 days
This is the third time it's happened?
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello
I am needing an answer ASAP as I have to leave for work shortly an need to know if I can fix this problem myself or need a professional to fix it
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 10 months ago.

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Really as a professional that is your answer
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I hope I didn't pay five dollars to get you to apologize for this being even more of a rip off
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm not paying a dime over the five dollars that I was conned into this morning over 12 hours ago when it said I would get a response on 8-10 min an now it's after 5 pm an I just now get an answer reply that had nothing to do with the question
So if me replying to your apology is suppose to mean I accepted your answer an they try to charge me 28 dollars for that I will deny all charges
I want this on the record because this is total bullshit rip-off
I have an emergency situation an this app steals from me I am pissed that it's such a con that they are even allowed to remain on line as a legal service

I am sorry you are so distraught.

I am just a technician who works during the day and does this when I can. I occasionally find questions when I log on that have been unaddressed. I know when I take the question I will be greeted with a less than nice or less than professional attitude....but I always check to see if they still need help. I could let go like others but the question would not be addressed.

Now as far as your ignitor, and feel free to consider this no charge advice -

If the furnace is near a dryer, lint can be a cause.

If the unit is short cycling...like a dirty filter, dirty sensor...things that make the furnace stop and restart multiple times in one cycle are the usual culprits.

Example - the furnace starts, faults during cycle and restarts.

The ignitor does 4 years work in a month.

Another common issue...the circuit board leaves the ignitor at times instead of turning it off.

I wish you the best. And I am forwarding to customer service.

Billy