Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

First the burners was shutting off and on and not reaching

Customer Question

Customer: First the burners was shutting off and on and not reaching the desired temperature and the heat was not rising to the upper floors. We changed the pump and the relay and the heat came on now for more than 10 minutes and then shut down again.After cleaning burners they do not light. The pilot light is on and
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We have a Dunkirk 20 year old system and suddenly we were not getting heat to all the floors. The pump was change and the Relay. Once this was installed then the heat came on longer but shut down again. Looking at videos indicated a heating rod may need cleaning. However, this system does not appear to have one. Thereafter, we took the burners apart to clean and re-installed. Now the pilot light comes one and now the burners don't even light....Please help.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK no problem my husband is trying....needs help
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay I just saw your question when I logged in this morning. What is the model number of your boiler? does it have a standing pilot (lit all the time) or does it have electronic ignition?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PVW 150
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Try to find manual on-line but lucked out.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Give me a few to see what I can find for specs

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Has a standing pilot lit all the time.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I struck out finding specs for this model. Can you give me pics of the boiler showing the controls, vent connection and an overall shot? you can post pics here by clicking on ADD FILES next to the SEND button

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am trying
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

No rush, I'm here til ~ 7pm more or less (not including breaks)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The file is too large to add. Can I forward on an e-mail
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pictures only
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

You can get it to me via customer service
http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

It usually takes at least several hours for them to get to it. Have you tried posting the pics one at a time here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not working.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Ok, try customer service but it will take a while. You can email them directly to me but there is an additional charge for that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File too large, we will call the plubmer
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Ok, but for another $10 you could email them to me. I suspect that would be a lot cheaper than a plumber.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's ok...its takes awhile like you said.....however, a friend whose a plumber is coming.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you need more help.

Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Actually the direct email has no wait.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whats the direct e-mail
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

You can email the pics directly to me without going through customer service but there is an additional $10 fee