Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My LG neo plasma a/c keeps cutting out and flashing "ch 26"

Customer Question

My LG neo plasma a/c keeps cutting out and flashing "ch 26" We had a large storm (in Bargo ) yesterday and it hasn't worked properly since. How can I re-set it or is there another problem
John Lovell
Bargo NSW
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Aric Kimball replied 10 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems.

What exactly is connected to the set that you receive broadcasts from (Cable/SAT box, direct aerial from wall to TV, etc.)?

Also what is the model number off the back of the set and how old is the set?

Expert:  MattR757 replied 10 months ago.

CH26 error code indicates that the unit detected a problem getting voltage to the compressor - There are a number of things that could cause this but if the system works intermittently after reset and the error doesn't come back immediately (before the unit starts) then it is likely an input power issue or a failure in the main PCB (DC link capacitor). If the compressor doesn't start at all and the error shows after reset (before the outdoor unit tries to start) then you probably have a failed compressor - not uncommon if you had a power surge during the storm.

Attached is the troubleshooting chart for the CH26 error code that should lead you (or a technician) to the issue & solution. If the compressor is good and the wiring to the compressor and the input power are both normal then you most likely need to replace the main PCB.