airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I have a nordyne electric furnace. when the control is set

Customer Question

I have a nordyne electric furnace. when the control is set at auto the fan/blower will not function but if it on it works. model E1EB-015H. I read on another blog that it could be the limiting switch. how could I identify this part? All the other components are functioning. The coils are heating and the blower is working when on but not on auto. What would be a differential of problems causing this? Any thoughts?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 10 months ago.

Sounds like either a bad sequencer or bad fan relay.Can you verfiy all elements do come on?

In heat mode the fan is brought on through the heat sequencer at same time first 2 elements are brought on. If the elements are coming on that tells us the sequencer is do its job but the fan rely is not.

This is not going to a limit issue.The limit would cause elements to go off and blower on.