Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Working on nordyne molibe home furnace customer says ignitor

Customer Question

Customer: working on nordyne molibe home furnace customer says ignitor 903110a has been replaced 7 or 8 times last 4 years . I see spacing is tight is there any thing else I should look for that might cause this problem . looks clean on inside. thanks ***** ***** /
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 10 months ago.

Was the original old spiral type replaced with this upgraded igniter because it was burning out or are all of the ones burning out this type?