Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

I converted from an old gas boiler to a Navien and the new

Customer Question

I converted from an old gas boiler to a Navien and the new boiler is not producing enough heat to heat the house.
Any reason for this? Could the placement of the themostat (in a cold area) be an issue. Could the baseboard piping be an issue with this type of boiler.
I'm getting various reasons why but it doesn't seem logical to me.
Appreciate your expertise, thanks!
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.

When the new boiler was installed, did your installer match up the new system as far as BTU's, etc to the old system?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
he did, tho old boiler was atleast 45 years old. Yesterday the mech came over to re set all the parameters on the new boiler. We found that there was a 4min delay on the boiler to re start after reaching desired boiler temp of 180degrees. After doing this the temp in the house hit 70 degrees . I believe that may have solved the problem, we'll see. Do you believe changing the old baseboards elements would help as they are also atleast 45years old as well as being the slinky type of elements ( round) ???????thanks
Expert:  Tim H. replied 10 months ago.

Yes, I'm sure this would also help solve the issue you are having.