Jason Whatley
Jason Whatley, HVAC Technician
Experience:  HVAC/R Supervisor at DOJ
83376504

Plus 90 I furnace won't start up

Customer Question

Bryant plus 90 I furnace won't start up
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.

What is the full furnace model number? What is the LED flash code?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Bryant plus 90 I
Model 355mav042080f
Error code 4 yellow / 4 green
Then changes to 1 yellow / 2 greenI just cleaned out condensate drain to see if that was clogged .
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
When I turn on furnace the blower starts . Then appears to kick into higher speed then shuts off before firing and gives me the 4yellow / 4 green code . Then changes to 1 yellow / 2 green code and stays at that error code
Expert:  Tim H. replied 10 months ago.

I'm going to open this up to our other experts. Please do not respond until someone else replies as this will only slow things down.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Had to go up to computer as smart phone is dying , will wait for answer up here .
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Bryant plus 90 I
Model 355mav042080fFurnace keeps shutting off
Error code 4 yellow / 4 green
Then changes to 1 yellow / 2 greenCleaned out condensate trap allready
Expert:  Jason Whatley replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help you out! The codes you are getting indicate a blower calibration fault. At this point, I can only recommend you check and verify all vents (supply and return) are open and unobstructed. Also, check your air filter and make sure it is not dirty. If you have a zone system, verify those zone dampers are opening. We are looking for air restrictions here as a cause of the fault. If no air obstructions are found, the blower motor itself will need to be checked and repaired by a tech with the ability to check ecm motors (variable speed consisting of pulsing DC voltages)