BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

Daiken minisplit operating in low ambient temperature

Customer Question

Customer: Daiken minisplit operating in low ambient temperature (facility) mode.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It has a 50* cut off for cooling. However, the installation manual (and spec sheets) say that it will cool down to 14* if you (installer) cuts a jumper. They call this facility mode and says this should only be done for a facility, such as cooling computers, not for an office or residence where people are located. It also says that the fan will be in high tap mode. I'm trying to understand "why" it would only be for a place with no humans. The purpose is a small server room in my house that needs cooling, even when the rest of the house is running heat.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The installation manual states:Facility Setting
(cooling at low outdoor temperature)
This function is limited only for facilities (the target of air conditioning is equipment (such as computer)).
Never use it in a residence or offi ce (the space where there is a human).„ Cutting jumper 6 (J6) on the circuit board will expand the operation range down to 5°F (–15°C). However it will stop if the
outdoor temperature drops below –4°F (–20°C) and start back up once the temperature rises again.• Intermittent noises may be produced by the indoor unit due to the outdoor fan turning on and off when using facility settings.
• Do not place humidifi ers or other items which might raise the humidity in rooms where facility settings are being used.
A humidifi er might cause dew jumping from the indoor unit outlet vent.
• Cutting jumper 6 (J6) sets the indoor fan tap to the highest position. Notify the user about this.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you familiar with the Daikin "facilities setting" option?