Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Name is. i'm trying to figure out which sensor in my furnace

Customer Question

Customer: Name is Doug. i'm trying to figure out which sensor in my furnace tells the blower motor to turn on/off. it is currently firing up just fine and once the blower motor starts, it only runs for a few seconds and then shuts off again...and repeats over and over. The fan runs fine when set "ON" on the thermostat
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Magic Chef EG66-75D-1 blower motor and capacitor are new
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Your blower s usually energized by two different relays in heat and on mode.If you see a wiring diagram and can take a picture of diagram, I will be glad to help trace this down.