Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My heater is not working; the temperature dropped

Customer Question

Customer: Hello! My heater is not working; the temperature dropped significantly so I checked the pipe outside the house and it was frozen. So I defrosted the pipe but the heater is still not running... I have honeywell hz311 and there's a red sign at heater and also red sign at zone 3 zone 1 and 2 are green at the moment. what do you think is the problem? thank you!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: There was a brief moment when zone 3 was green too but then went back to red in the attic where my furnace is, I can feel the water in the pipe.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes I can wait!
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

What is the brand and model number of your furnace?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the brand is comfortmaker and the model is N9MSB
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

I'm going to open this backup to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.