Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My name is ***** ***** and I have a Carrier Infinity system.

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** and I have a Carrier Infinity system. The heat keeps shutting off and gives a system malfunction error. When I hold the right button for 3 seconds (where the error message is), it does not give me a code. Just says to call Carrier.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have no heat because it keeps shutting off due to the issue listed above.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Give me model on furnace. Then ook on control board on furnace and tell me if you have a code indicating the malfunction

It will be on a label on inside furnace panel just above burners.Remove panel to burner compartment and look inside. The model number will help me give accurate assistance for your specific unit.

Below is a link showing where to find label with model number:

http://i.imgur.com/EkrwIdi.jpg.