Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Have some thermostat wiring issues
, I have a water

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** and have some thermostat wiring issues
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a water heat pump with gas backup. The old thermostat has c,g,w2,e,r,y1,w1,and x wires. I can't seem to find a new thermostat that can hook up to that.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
propane back-up that is
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
brown-c,green-g,blue-w2,black-e,red-r,yellow-y1,white-w1,orange-x
Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 10 months ago.

Hi I'm Brian and I'm here to help!

I believe I can help you with this but there are a couple of oddities I can see. Can you please supply me with the make and full model number of the existing thermostat, the make and model of the water source heat pump and the make and model of the propane furnace? With that info, I should be able to help.

Thanks,

Brian