Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My furnace is blowing out cold air. Seems igniter is not

Customer Question

Customer: This is Sashi. My furnace is blowing out cold air. Seems igniter is not working. My unit is TempStar DC90
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes, the unit is blowing cold air now. I checked the thermostat and it is set to heat, fan is on auto. The lower panel where I see the control board looks clean. The upper panel where I see the gas valve and the burner looks clean as well but I don't see any flames coming into the burner.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 10 months ago.

Please provide the actual model number of your unit. It's located on the rating tag inside the burner compartment.