Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

JUST LOOKING ANSWERS fURNACE SEEMS TO BE DOING A SHORT CYCLE

Customer Question

Customer: HEY THERE jUST LOOKING FOR SOME ANSWERS fURNACE SEEMS TO BE DOING A SHORT CYCLE
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes, the furnace will run for short cycles then shut off, some times it starts up on its own then shuts down again I changed the filter and cleaned the flame detector Ran a little longer after cleaning the detector but still shuts down
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. If you are not satisfied, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me why before leaving a negative rating and allow me to continue to work with you until we are able to both agree on an outcome to follow. Thanks for your business!

What is the furnace make and full model number? Are you getting an LED flash code when it shuts down?